Tuesday, November 23, 2010

iOS 4.2 on a iPhone 3G

My first impression of the upgrade was that it doesn't do much for the much slower 3G iPhone, but then I opened Safari and to my surprise it was like I had upgraded to a 3GS. The update did make the phone speedier when it came to tasks such as typing, scrolling, and loading Web pages.

The reports of benchmark tests show that things seem to have improved, the bottom line is how many cell phones out there that are two years old can you do a OS upgrade to and actually increase their performance. While data entry, scrolling, pinching and zooming have improved. Where I see the most gains on the iPhone 3G is in the JavaScript results.  Whatever the Safari team is doing, it is having a positive effect with each release.

No comments:

Post a Comment